Thursday 28 August 2014

Sundance Launches Touring Animated Shorts Program



The Sundance Film Festival announced today that they are launching a touring animation programme this September starting at Los Angeles' Sunset cinemas.

The following eight shorts are on the programme:
(Some are only on vimeo and I can't embed for some reason)

Marilyn Myllar directed by Mikey Please
https://vimeo.com/69100068


Belly directed by Julia Pott

It's such a beautiful day directed by Don Hertzfeldt

The Obvious Child directed by Stephen Irwin
https://vimeo.com/81491128

Oh Willy... directed by Marc James Roels and Emma de Swaef

Subconcious Password directed by Chris Landreth

Voice on the line directed by Kelly Sears

Yearbook directed by Bernardo Britto

Although most of these shorts are now available online I really enjoy going to festivals and even just reading the line up of this touring animation shorts made me aware of work I wouldn't have ordinarily come across. Some I like some I don't but it's encouraging to see what people are doing whether they inspire me to work harder to perfect my art or encourage me that I can already do as good!