Wednesday 20 August 2014

Evelyn Grace Academy Illustration Commission

I have just signed off on a commission for Evelyn Grace Academy in Brixton.

The brief was to create 11 vector illustrations to be displayed as vinyl cut window installations. Using scientific diagrams as my spring board I was asked to create 11 images within the same visual language that would be appealing to senior school children and would brighten up a grey, industrial looking school corridor.





Here are my final vector images (please excuse the watermark).
       

 

 

 





Testimonial:

Victoria Deadman Gatt
Operations Director, Evelyn Grace Academy at ARK

"Working remotely from each other on something so creative could have been a disaster but Sophie really delivered on what was asked of her. We wanted to brighten up our grey environment with scientific diagrams all brought to life in the same style which would be accessible to our students whilst remaining true to their scientific principles. I'm delighted with Sophie's work."
August 20, 2014, Victoria was Sophie's client


I began the concept process for this work by mono printing, this helped me to loosen up my drawings rather than keeping to the tight, manufactured look of the original scientific drawings, below is a video of me printing out some mitochondria cells!