Tuesday 16 September 2014

A week at King Bee studios

This week I am doing a week placement at King Bee animation studios which is based at Elstree studios, London.

Today is only my second day so I haven't got an awful lot to recount but thought I would start keeping track of what I've been doing.

Despite feeling like a country bumpkin and completely out of place yesterday morning (must remember not to smile at fellow commuters) I am feeling much more comfortable and settled today.

I was ignorant of the history behind Elstree studios and I have to say it is very exciting being in an environment that has so much going on. I want to nose into every room and studio though to see what is being made behind each closed door. They are currently filming the new series of 'Episodes' so I am hoping to catch a glimpse of Matt Le Blanc! "How yo dooooin'?"

King Bee studio is fairly small but full of people on every bit of desk space, animating, creating concepts, logos, pitch bibles etc. It is really encouraging for me to be a part of an environment like this, a welcome break from working from home!